SFJ15 National Conference
Join us for SFJ’s annual conference Aug. 26-29 at the University of Maryland for an array of sessions that will be filled with practical, usable information you can bring back to your newsroom.
The conference kicks off with an opening reception on the evening of Wednesday, Aug. 26. SFJ members get a discounted rate for the conference.
Conference sessions include:
– A Q&A with Washington Post Editor Marty Baron, whose newspaper was named the best in the business for digital innovation.
– Success stories on moneymakers in today’s newsrooms, ranging from newsletters to special events.
– Inspiration from a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner in feature writing, Gene Weingarten of the Washington Post, and his editor Tom Schroder who has a reputation for bring out the best in his writers.
– A panel discussion on the new ways publications have transitioned to “digital first” and how journalists who grew up on the print side are thriving and leading the revolution.
– A simple hands-on video how-to that will give you skills to use immediately after the conference.
– Tips on digital tools that are fun and easy to use for cool projects.
– The ever-popular Show and Steal sessions, which feature great ideas from newsrooms around the country.
– An awards ceremony to honor the winners of the Excellence in Features Journalism contest
Hotel stays can be arranged at the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference center on the University of Maryland campus. Conference sessions will be in the Knight Hall in the Philip Merrill College of Journalism in College Park, just a short walk from the Marriott. We’ve arranged for a block of rooms at the Marriott with a rate of $149/night for a king or $159/night for two queens (an affordable option for attendees who want to share a room and share the cost).
Early Bird Rates until July 20th!
Conference registration cost will be $250 for SFJ members who make the early bird deadline (July 20th). Non-members pay $350, as do members who register right before the conference.